Many women and children flee family violence with just the clothes on their backs.
safe steps provides women and their children in our care with Starter Packs containing a wide range of basic necessities such as clothes, food and toiletries.
Donating some of these regularly needed items is a great way for individuals, community groups and organisations to offer practical assistance to women and children staying in crisis accommodation. For the women and children, it is a small comfort to have access to brand new clothing, toiletries and other necessities during their stay.
Click here to view the current Gifts in Kind List. This list is regularly updated to reflect what items we need most urgently. If you are collecting items to donate to safe steps, please follow the items on this list and ensure the items are new and unused.
While we always appreciate your generosity, due to OH&S regulations, we are unable to accept second hand items or items not in their original packaging.
- Please call us on 03 9928 9600 to make your donation.
- We accept donations on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9.00AM to 4.00PM.
- Please read what we can accept before donating.
- Please keep our address confidential.
- We are unable to accept deliveries on Public Holidays. This includes Melbourne Cup Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
If you are unsure about an item or how to deliver the donation please contact our office on (03) 9928 9600 or email@example.com.