Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre is Victoria’s statewide response service for women, young people and children experiencing family violence.
We are committed to ensuring all women and children are able to live free from abuse.
We empower women, young people and children experiencing family violence and secure their safety by providing:
- 24/7 family violence response phone line
- Risk assessments
- Safety planning
- Emotional and material support
- Information and referrals
We support family violence survivors to overcome trauma so they can thrive in their communities and live free from violence by providing:
- Court support services
- Flexible Support Packages
We work towards a community free from family violence through education, system reforms and social change initiatives.
- Evidence-based policy submissions and consultations to government, statutory and judicial commissions and inquiries
- Participation in relevant steering committees, industry taskforces, forums and advisory groups
Safe Steps’ core values inform all that we do. We are:
*Feminism is the advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social and economic equality with men.
Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre is supported by the State Government of Victoria.