Welcome to the Safe Steps Online Community Guidelines. *Please note: Family violence support is not available through our social media channels*
If you are experiencing family violence and need help,
Call us on: 1800 015 188 (24/7).
Email us on; firstname.lastname@example.org (24/7)
Webchat support available Mon-Fri https://bit.ly/3tXH7kP
If you’re in immediate danger call 000.
Safe Steps is Victoria’s 24/7 Family Violence Response Centre.
Our services include:
• Information and referral
• Crisis response
• Specialist family violence risk assessment
• Safety planning
• Access to supported accommodation
Our mission is to provide safety, support and respect for all victim-survivors of domestic and family violence.
Our pages are for sharing news and the latest information about our service and sector. We are unable to provide direct service support through our social media pages or answer questions about specific experiences of family violence. The social media pages are not monitored by family violence crisis specialists.
We appreciate your support and interest in our work. As a follower or visitor to the Safe Steps social media pages, we ask you to follow these guidelines in order to keep the community safe and respectful.
- Due to the nature of our work, and for your own privacy, please do not share individual accounts and details of family violence, even in direct messages to us.
We may remove comments with personal information and experiences of family violence if we believe privacy may be a concern.
- Safe Steps’ core values are; Courageous, Feminist, Empowering, Inclusive, Respectful and Reflective. We aim to communicate in line with these values at all times. When commenting on a post or responding to a comment, please be kind and courteous. We also ask that you don’t deliberately derail the conversation with information or commentary that is irrelevant or off-topic.
- We will remove or turn off comments on posts if there are any offensive, hateful or discriminatory comments, or content that is otherwise inappropriate and against our core values.
- We may remove comments that contain misinformation, or misleading or harmful information.
- Safe Steps adheres to and supports all public health measures as outlined on the government website https://www.vic.gov.au/. Please do not use our social media page as a place to debate public health measures.